CarVue Update - 10th Feb 2016
We may still be in the middle of a wet and wild winter here at CarVue HQ in Reading, but the sun is shining for our users with our latest release bringing in some neat layout and process changes in Sales, and our developers cranking up the speed of the application for everyone.
It's good news if you're a car dealer as we've put in some great enhancements to the stock management process in our Sales module (take a look at the enhancements in detail below).
We've also listened to some of our users noticing slow system speed in places. Our developers put CarVue up on the ramp for a few weeks to look at the inner workings, and have started work on a major overhaul to the engine to speed it up further. We want to know how it's performing for you, so please take a few seconds to let us know if it's faster for you by chatting to our support team in the app.
Of course, an update wouldn't be an update without fixing those pesky bugs you keep finding. We were pretty sure there weren't any, but you do keep finding ways of breaking it (but thanks for doing it!!). Anyway, we've gone and fixed a whole heap of the ones you reported to us.
Thanks again to all of you for your feedback, bug finding and feature ideas. Working together we're making CarVue better for everyone.
- PERFORMANCE: Database and tables improved system-wide for improved speed in app loading time
- INVOICING: Invoice, Purchase & Credit Note documents now show payments and credits and the amount due after the payments are taken
- ADD VEHICLE: Option to add vehicles manually if no registration look-up data
- SALES: Delivery date initially shows as today when creating a vehicle stock record
- SALES: More 'Quick tips' added to help users
- SALES: Invoicee now initially set to supplier when creating invoice
- SALES: 'Add Purchases' now named 'Add Costs' on stock records
- SALES: Tax rate on additional vehicle costs now overrides the initial base value
- SALES: Vehicle sales tab stays expanded after adding an item in the Sale view
- SALES: Simplified the Close/Complete Sale process
- SALES: Purchase summary layout changed to match sales summary
- SALES: Part exchange layout improved for PX's with finance
- IMPORT: Resolved an issue in linked Contact & Vehicle imports with some data not joining up
- DASH BOARD: Dash board Customisations now remember your selection
- ADD VEHICLE: Resolved an issue adding a vehicle if it wasn't in the drop down
- INVOICING: Ensured the order of items in jobs and invoices is consistent
- INVOICING: Resolved an issue that was occurring when committing an invoice
- SALES: A committed purchase must now be available to Close a stock record
- SALES: Fixed an issue where selecting an imported contact as an opportunity showed no address
- SALES: Resolved an issue where deselecting and then reselecting outstanding finance did not show a total amount
- SALES: Removed the VAT margin journal entry from the 'Close' tab
- SALES: Invoice table now hidden in Sale Summary until a deposit or invoice is created
- WORKSHOP: Fixed an issue with a job's status changing
- SUPPORT: Resolved an issue with our live chat timing out
- PURCHASING: Fixed an issue where the total tax field didn't clear after items were added
- ACCOUNTS: Removed ability to disable the last liability account
Got an idea? Then we want to hear!
If you have any suggestions for new features or improvements, please add them to our Ideas Forum