CarVue Update - 20 June 2019
Today we're introducing some great new features in CarVue that allow you to manage your parts inventory and speed up adding repair lines to jobs. We've also added in a new job export feature so you can download your CarVue job history in an Excel spreadsheet.
A more powerful inventory
CarVue's Products module has been upgraded with new features in stock inventory that will save you time managing parts in your garage every day.
Minimum and maximum levels
Now when you add in a product into CarVue and select that you want it to have a trackable inventory, you can add in values for min and max levels that you want to have in stock.
If your stock level goes outside of the min and max levels you've chosen for a product, you now get helpful visual cues to give you better visibility of your stock levels at-a-glance.
You can now select your preferred and default suppliers for any product. So when it's time to re-order any of your products, you can easily view the supplier or suppliers for it, plus you'll have quick access to your default supplier.
Estimated labour hours on jobs
We've made some improvements to the job details (or job card) pages that will save you more time and give you insight into how long your jobs are taking.
Quicker repair building
We've sped up adding jobs so when you add in a new repair to a job card, you get to input an 'Estimated hours' time. Now when you save the repair, you'll automatically get a labour line with the estimated hours, saving you time adding the line separately.
Compare estimated and billing hours
When the repair is complete, you can select how much labour to charge your customer in the new 'Billable Hours' field. This usefully allows you to compare your original labour estimate to the time you're billing the customer for on all your repairs.
Click here for more info on how to configure estimated and billing hours.
New! Job history export
We've been asked by lots of users for access to their job history, so we're really pleased to present this new feature to you today!
Head to Export in Settings now and you'll find that as well as being able to download your contacts and vehicles, there's a new option to export your CarVue job history.
Click the button and you'll get a full Excel-friendly spreadsheet downloaded with all of your job data, including repairs, repair lines, contacts and vehicles.
The new product inventory, estimated hours and job export features are all available today, so log-in here to your CarVue account to check them out. Let us know what you think in the comments, and check back soon for even more great CarVue features coming your way...
Want all the knowledge? Here are the full CarVue release details in all their glory.
- 9 New features
- 4 Bug fixes
- Introduced aggregated 'Total Estimated Hours' and 'Total Billable Hours’
- Added estimated hours into the repair header
Stock and Inventory:
- Add a field to set specific Product as Default (restricted to 'Labour' product type initially)
- Create/View/Edit/Delete Product Bins
- Added in a new filter and view for Product inventory Stock Level Alerts
- You can now add/delete preferred suppliers from a product and set a default supplier
- Added in min and max Levels for inventory products (ticked as trackable) and new level alerts on adjust stock level page
- You can now select which suppliers you want when ordering from adjust stock page
- New report added to Settings > Export so you can export CarVue job history to CSV file
- Fixed an issue affecting certain customers printing/emailing invoices
- Fixed an issue with the Xero Excel export showing doubled totals and duplicate lines
- Fixed a big on the T-Card Board where the 'My Jobs' button was showing a different figure to that shown on the board
- Added the repair type back onto Quotes and Job Cards templates
Got an idea? Then we want to hear!
If you have any suggestions for new features or improvements, please add them to our Ideas Forum!