To facilitate setting up of a new garage, you can now import a list of all your parts so that you don’t have to load them manually one by one.
Before you start the process, here are some instructions regarding the format of the file. It’s important that the format is correct. If it’s not correct the import will fail.
We attached example .csv file which you can download here!
If you are a super user or admin, go to Settings
In the Import / Export section you can now see an option to ‘Import Parts’. Click on it and you will see the first step in the importing process.
Step 1 – Select your file
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button A file explorer window will pop up and allow you to pick up a file from your computer.
- Select your file and click on the green ‘Start import’ button
Step 2 – Select Column mappings
Carvue has already mapped your column headers to the ones in Carvue, this step allows you to make changes if you want.
- Go through the mappings and make corrections as appropriate.
Step 3 – Validate CSV Data
Carvue will validate the data, make sure its all in the correct format.
- If validation failed, a message will indicate what the issues are. Please correct the csv file and re-import.
- If validation was successful, a message indicating success will display.
- Finalise the import by clicking on the green ‘Complete Import’ button.
Here is an example of what the file looks like when opened up in excel.
And this is an example of an imported Part in the Product screen.